Tuesday, 2024-03-19, 8:53 AM Welcome Guest

STRONGHOLD
MEDIEVAL ENGLAND
         STRONGHOLD CRUSADER MOD

Main | Sign Up | Login | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » The Town Square (Help and Discussions) » Stronghold Medieval England » Impressions, errors, suggestions, etc. (Maybe to be used to discuss ideas, bug or error sightings...)
Impressions, errors, suggestions, etc.
TarvanisDate: Sunday, 2015-03-29, 11:01 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Greetings Lords and Ladies!

Being interested in converting Stronghold Crusader back into Stronghold 1, I recently came across this modification. I'm very impressed by the progress so far of this mod, as well as of the idea of an own historic campaign for it. However, I recognized several errors in graphics and the texts. (I'm playing the German version.) I thought it would be helpful to post those "error sightings" here, and maybe some suggestions for content, too.

I know that's complaining on a high level, particularly for a modification. I just wanted to let you guys know. I decided to work on some of those graphical and spelling erros if I have the time for it. Currently I'm fixing the editor buttons for the different types of trees. tongue

Oh, and one more thing: Shall I rather speak German or English on this forum? I've read that this modification is predominantly German. But if you'd like me to rather speak English (e. g. because then also non-German speakers can follow the forums), that's ok for me, too. smile

Yours sincerely,
Tarvanis

Message edited by Tarvanis - Sunday, 2015-03-29, 11:07 PM

EaglePrinceDate: Monday, 2015-03-30, 0:13 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Welcome to Stronghold Europe, Tarvanis!

Firstly, regarding this forum and this website, it was created to represent the mod to English speaking fans, and to help those English speaking fans.

I will try to reply regarding some stuff you mentioned in the list (although I am not one of creators). :)
  • German is not my native language, and I don't speak German that well, but I believe that those things you mentioned are like this, because the modders need to use the same number of characters as the guys from Firefly did. That does make them harder to make a good text, and perhaps they did make some of the errors intentionally - so the text they wanted to put in could fit. Maybe, maybe not. smile
  • as about buttons in the editor, I did notice that, only it didn't look that horrible to me, even though it could have been done much better. Still, this does require a lot of work - to make those small details better, and I also think that they are inherited from Russian version of Stronghold Europe. It would be great indeed if you could make those better.
  • I didn't notice that by now, but one can see you did take a deep look into the mod. smile
  • regarding the trees, I agree with you, especially about how trees look when the terrain is lower vie spacebar.
  • one more example of your deep looking into the mod. smile
  • regarding the swordsmen and knight: I tried to put European ones into the mod, but animations of those two are not working quite well. The problem is the fact that those two pairs of animations are different, and they even don't have same number of frames. I am still sure that this could be worked out, only that would require a lot of patience - to edit the Stronghold 1 swordsman and knight the right way. smile
  • regarding the water pot, I pretty much like how they are made. Only I think this one is also inherited from Russian version though.
  • didn't notice - you really took a look into all details. smile
  • I believe you are right about that.
  • I didn't try to select units in editor, but that is indeed a problem. I guess everything could get done even without selecting units in editor, but still...

It is definitely good to see someone took a deep look into the mod, and that is one sigh that you do like the idea, and what is done with it by now. smile

Now, as I said, we speak in English here, but if you want, you are able to speak in German at Strategie-Zone forum. Lord Lowenherz is the creator of the German version of the mod, and I believe he is the most skilled. You could speak to him regarding anything you want.

Oh, and by the way, if you could submit some of your maps here, that would be great as well. smile

Stronghold Crusader faces and crests
Slavic Warlords

TarvanisDate: Monday, 2015-03-30, 9:38 AM | Message # 3
Private
Speaking English is ok with me, that won't be a problem. happy

It wasn't really such a deep look as you might think. I didn't even have time yet to take a peek into the campaign. I just saw these things on the go. Well, I fixed some graphical errors and also translated Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete (since it's only avaylable in English). I think that sort of trained me to see such things quicker while playing. smile

I must admit that I didn't create any maps (yet). Neither for Stronghold Europe nor for Crusader or Stronghold 1. unsure

EaglePrinceDate: Monday, 2015-03-30, 10:04 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
In that case, I can't wait until you take a deep look. biggrin

I am glad that we have another one who likes this idea - to bring Crusader to Europe. Hopefully we can help Lord Lowenherz to make Stronghold Europe even better. smile

No problem about the maps, there are some maps you can find here, and some maps you can find in a thread at Strategie-Zone forum.

Also, if you want to do anything with Stronghold Europe, I would suggest you to contact Lord Lowenherz, so you could know what is he working on, and he could provide you some help if needed. Of course, if you want, you can ask me as well, I would answer to whatever question - if I know the answer. smile

Slavic Warlords

ldannyl1980Date: Tuesday, 2016-08-02, 9:31 AM | Message # 5
Private
Hello dear Community,

first of all I want to thank you guys for the mod  smile
I've be waiting so long for a mod like this, because I don't like the cursader setting that much and I love to play the skirmish mode.

I only have one point which should get changed in my opinion.
Its about the keep. In the editor you only have the option to place the "normal" keep.
So I miss these bigger keeps of stronghold 1.

(sorry for my bad english)

EaglePrinceDate: Tuesday, 2016-08-02, 9:59 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Hi, I'm glad that you also like the mod.

Regarding your ideas, you are able to place a keep of any size on a map unless it is a skirmish map. Unfortunately, I don't know if it is possible to enable player to place a large keep in a skirmish map, as it is not possible in Stronghold Crusader too, so it would require a lot of editing of exe file. A change like this would effect AI lords as well. And of course, I would love to see something like this in Stronghold Crusader/Medieval England.

Those stuff were done the best in Stronghold 2 where you only put a flag, and each AI lord builds the type of keep they want.

Slavic Warlords

ldannyl1980Date: Tuesday, 2016-08-02, 10:54 AM | Message # 7
Private
Thanks for your fast reply.

I did not know that it doesn't work for skirmish :(

Thanks alot for your help smile

Message edited by ldannyl1980 - Tuesday, 2016-08-02, 2:58 PM

jamesonrobeDate: Thursday, 2020-12-31, 4:03 AM | Message # 8
Private
This year has been an awful year, but my girlfriend and I picked up our first ever stronghold game, crusader, on a whim this week. I searched around some for mods and found this one. I just want to say we love it! Stronghold Medieval England is beautiful, charming, easy to use, and full of love. I can't imagine too many people check in to this forum anymore, but thanks everyone. This is just what we needed to close out the year.

<3

Forums » The Town Square (Help and Discussions) » Stronghold Medieval England » Impressions, errors, suggestions, etc. (Maybe to be used to discuss ideas, bug or error sightings...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: